Wednesday, July 16, 2014

PiYo Week 3


Week 3 of PiYo definitely had it's ups and downs - literally and figuratively. 


Let's talk about the positives first. This week, we were introduced to 2 new workouts - Buns and Strength Intervals. Buns is a very intense lower body workout - you'll definitely be aware of your buns in the days following this workout ;) Strength Intervals brings back some of your traditional cardio that some people may have been missing during the program. There are, of course, low impact options. It's a quick circuit training workout - using only your body weight & will really get your heart rate cranking!

Something that I really started to notice this week was the increase in my flexibility. After years and years of working out - but doing the bare minimum when it comes to stretching and flexibility, my muscles had become so tight (hence a lot of my back problems). My muscles are now really starting to stretch out and lengthen and I'm now able to do a lot of the poses with greater range of motion and control. The pain in my back and neck seems to be getting better week by week - to the point where it's barely existent at this point - which is just so amazing to me. 





We also went away this past week - on a little mini family vacation. There was a solid 72 hours where I wasn't eating as clean as I could have been. I wasn't going crazy, but I did indulge a bit (and the mint chocolate chip waffle cone was worth every single calorie). By the time we got home, I felt exhausted, sluggish and just "off." I got on the scale Monday morning and it had moved in the wrong direction - which was no surprise. But I got refocused Monday & Tuesday & as of this morning, I'm back to the weight I was a week ago. So, while yes, it's a little disappointing not to have lost anything this week - I have to remind myself that I also didn't gain. I maintained and I chose to have those few indulgences this past weekend...with no regrets. Everything in moderation. 




This morning something kind of awesome happened in my workout...but I can't spill the beans yet! You'll have to check back next week for my week 4 update!!!


I've got a few spots left in my #getschooled Challenge Group. This group is going to be unlike any one I've ever done before. I am going to be running this group alongside 4 other Coaches who are on my team. 


Combined, the 5 of us have lost over 220 pounds and we are going to be sharing all of our secrets with YOU and "schooling" you on how to achieve your fitness goals and maintain them. If you want in, we need to chat soon because the group starts in August! Are you ready to #getschooled with us???

xoxo,
signature photo signature_zps5b99cf95.png

No comments:

Post a Comment