Wednesday, July 9, 2014

PiYo Week 2

174. That's usually where my heart rate is when I run or do cardio. High impact, intense cardio.


So, yes, it came as a bit of a shock when I was in the middle of one of my PiYo workouts this week & I looked down at my heart rate monitor and that was the number I saw. 174. I wasn't jumping. I wasn't running. I wasn't kicking or punching. I was doing my new favorite PiYo routine called SWEAT (and you'll understand why it's named that once you do it). I was pushing myself hard, but it was all low impact.

After my workout, I was taking my much deserved and much needed shower and I got to thinking... I have many other workout programs at home - some from Beachbody, some not. I have a bad back & bad neck. And, in almost all of the programs, there's at least a few exercises where I see them & think "I better even not attempt that because I know it's going to hurt my back." That hasn't happened in PiYo! I've not been afraid to try anything. I've been able to at least attempt everything. And, if I can't do something, it's not because of my back. It's simply been because I haven't built up the strength in the rest of my body yet. This makes me happy. Strength is something I can work on.



My body continues to respond so well to this program. My joints are still pain-free (yay)! Because I'm pain-free, I'm sleeping better (double yay)!! And because I'm sleeping better, I'm waking - without an alarm - everyday between 5:00-6:00am (triple yay)??? No, I don't particularly "like" getting up that early, but that's what my body is doing naturally. It's getting the rest it needs & I'm ready to go when my eyes pop open - which in turn, is making for a more productive day.

Because it's week 2, I've become more accustomed to the routines. I know what's coming next & therefore, I've been able to mentally prepare a bit better and push my body harder than I did in week 1. So yes, 2 weeks in & I'm still sore. With each day, I try to modify a little less and at least try some of the more advanced moves. 



In my second week of PiYo - completing the workouts, following the nutrition plan (except for those 3 days where I did the 3 Day Refresh & drinking Shakeology daily - I've lost an additional 2.2 pounds - which brings my grand total to 7 pounds lost in the 2 weeks. But, for me, as awesome as that is, that's not the most exciting part. The most exciting part to me is that I can now say that my back pain has been reduced by at least 90%. I still have some dull tightness in my lower back, and a teensy weensy bit in my neck - but that's it. And compared to the pain I was in 6 months ago - this slight pain is nothing. With each workout, my body is getting stronger & more flexible & my back is reaping all of the benefits. I could not be happier with my results thus far. 

I've got a Challenge Group forming that will start in the next few weeks and if you think that you may want to give PiYo a try and join us, please let me know. I'm even doing a giveaway for those who join my #getschooled Challenge Group...so, what are you waiting for?


Check back next week for my week 3 PiYo post & have a great day!!!
signature photo signature_zps5b99cf95.png

No comments:

Post a Comment