Sunday, March 2, 2014

Week 2 on the 21 Day Fix

Another successful week on the FIX is in the books. I've lost a total of 6.6 pounds & I can't believe I'm now in my final week. Week 2 definitely had it's share of ups and downs - literally and figuratively.

I'll start with some of the things I struggled with this week. 

  • I still have this darn cold/sinus infection which had drained my energy. The very last thing I want to do is workout. But, all week, I just kept telling myself, "It's only 30 minutes and you can modify if you need to." So every day, I have put on my workout clothes, gone downstairs and pushed play. And it's funny, my competitive side comes out as soon as the DVD is in. My mind shifts from "I don't want to workout" to "If I'm going to to this, I'm going to push as hard as I can." So, I crank some good music and have at it. And surprisingly, I even beat a majority of my calorie burns from the week before. 
  • At one point this week, the number on the scale went UP. Say WHAT???? This is the EXACT reason I tell people to not go by the scale alone. Take progress pics. Take measurements. Did it still freak me out. Yeah, a little. But, I knew exactly why. One - I'd been upping my weights this week, so I knew I was putting on some muscle. Two - while I was sticking to the plan, I wasn't always making the best choices. For instance, I was having turkey bacon frequently. And while, yes, it's allowed on the plan, it's the protein that is at the very bottom of the list. Meaning - it's not the best choice. It's got a lot of sodium & I know it was making me retain some water. 
But, with struggles, there's also triumphs...
  • After seeing the number on the scale go UP, I immediately went into our bedroom and took my measurements. They were definitely down. I looked at myself in the mirror. I was seeing positive changes. And I tried on some clothes - that at the beginning of the fix were too tight...well, now they fit fine. Ok - mental crisis averted. 
  • I cut back - well - eliminated turkey bacon for 2 days...and what do you know...the number on the scale went down. I have been choosing higher quality protein & my body was thanking me for it. 
  • Despite having a cold and feeling like crap - I feel really GREAT! Huh? Yes, I'm coughing and sneezing and am somewhat of a hot mess. But, I'm starting to feel like the old me. The one who ate for fuel her body. Not the girl who ate her feelings. My body is starting to feel solid. I'm seeing muscle being built back up. I'm sore from my workouts, but am having less body aches & pains. My neck & back are feeling fantastic. My hip pain is all but gone. My left knee still gives me problems, but I can feel it getting stronger each day.
I am so excited to dive into week 3!!!! I still have ONE SPOT left in my March Fix group, so if you want to take that coveted 10th spot, just message me here.


signature photo signature_zps5b99cf95.png

No comments:

Post a Comment