Thursday, February 6, 2014

Beauty Buzz - Glam Glow



For months, I've been hearing from friends & other beauty guru's on how awesome this Glam Glow mask was. I am a skin care junkie & love trying new things.

But before we get to my review, let's back up to summer of 2013. I've always had skin on the oily/acne prone side. As I'm now in my mid thirties, I'm now having to deal still with acne and now wrinkles??? My skin can't seem to decide what age it wants to be. So, yes, while I've always had acne, my skin has never been so bad that I've been embarrassed to go out in public...until last summer. IT. GOT. BAD. Really bad. And the weirdest part - it wasn't on my face...but mostly my chin & neck. In all my years dealing with acne, I've never once had any of it spread to my neck. I knew something was up. I was being diligent with washing my face, especially right after working out. I never slept in my makeup. But each week it was getting worse and worse. I spent hundreds on different skin care products trying to find something to make it go away. A few things helped a bit, but nothing made it go away completely.

I knew it wasn't my skin care routine - or lack thereof - that was causing it. So, I started looking at my diet. I thought back to when I started seeing the acne on my neck. It was May. From there, I had to figure out what did I start eating that could have caused this? I was prepping for a trip to Las Vegas for Beachbody's Coach Summit, so I knew my diet was on point. I was eating very clean and was just baffled. But then I thought a little more. I have my protein shakes every day. I've been doing that for years and never had a problem. But in the April/May timeframe, I started making them a different way. With pineapple and orange juice. Every single day. I kind of dismissed the thought thinking that there was no way a healthy food could be causing these nasty breakouts. I was wrong. Yes, pineapple is a fruit & fruit is healthy. But, blood sugar can trigger acne. This means that fruits that are loaded with fructose, a form of sugar, can elevate the glucose level in your blood thus causing pimples. Fructose can easily make the glucose in your system shoot up fast. And what's one of the fruits with the highest levels of fructose? Pineapple. And while oranges themselves are low on the GI index - meaning low sugar - orange juice is high in sugar.

So, to test my theory, I gave up making my shakes like that for 2 weeks. Low and behold, my skin started to clear up. I was excited and disappointed all at the same time. My shake, made that way, was my favorite thing I ate/drank all day. I'd have to eliminate, or at least, cut back on it. But I was excited to finally figure out what was contributing to this awful acne.

Even after basically eliminating the pineapple and orange juice, I was still having minor breakouts on my neck. Compared to how bad it was over the summer, these small breakouts were nothing...but still annoying. 

Then a few weeks ago, a friend of mine sent me a package in the mail containing a bunch of goodies - she knows how much I love makeup and skincare products. In it, a sample of Glam Glow. So, I figured I'd give it a try.

When you first put it on, it's a brownish color - kind of like mud. There are also small chunks of tea leaves in it. It does have a strong smell, but I like the smell of it. It also tingles when you put it on.





Once it starts to dry, it turns to a light green shade.




After you've left it on for 10 minutes, you're supposed to wet it slightly and massage into your skin. It's also an exfoliant, so this part is like a scrub for your face. Once I rinsed my face, I was kind of shocked at the immediate results. Every single blackhead was GONE. My pores were practically invisible (and I have very large pores). I was sold. I ordered a jar right away. I've been using it for almost 2 weeks (about 2-3 times a week) & am so impressed with the results. My acne on my neck is all but gone & the scars are finally fading. The skin on my face is smoother and my makeup looks even better on.

I give this mask a 5 out of 5 stars. It delivers on it's promises and delivers fast. If you're thinking of trying this product - GO FOR IT. It is worth every penny!





No comments:

Post a Comment