Monday, January 27, 2014

Menu Monday - Shakeology Bites

This is a perfect snack if you're like me: I can't workout on a full belly because I want to puke, but I sometimes want just a little something to help keep me fueled during my workout. OR if you've got picky little kids, like mine. They think they're getting a cookie - and you have the satisfaction of knowing they're eating a whole food snack that's actually good for them. I present for your consideration: Shakeology Bites!!!




INGREDIENTS:


  • 2 scoops Chocolate Shakeology (or the chocolate protein powder of your choice)
  • 1 cup dry quick oats
  • 1 cup reduced fat peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • sprinkles (optional - I just used the sprinkles to make them look pretty)
METHOD:
  • mix all ingredients in a big bowl.
    • tip: if your PB has been in the fridge, you may want to microwave it for 30-45 seconds to soften it up
  • roll into 18 balls
  • place in container
  • freeze
  • when ready to eat, just take out of the freezer about 5 minutes before hand & you're all set!
These cookies end up being about 90 calories each (if your batch yields 18 cookies).

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment